Cashew & Macadamia Nut Fudge (paleo)
Prep time: 5 mins – Setting time: 30 mins – Yield: 24 pieces
- 1/2 cup cacao butter pieces
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 250g jar of cashew butter
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons organic honey
- pinch of vanilla bean powder
- 1 cup macadamia nut pieces
- shredded coconut
- salt to sprinkle on top
- Melt cacao butter pieces in the microwave. Mine takes about 2 minutes.
- While that’s melting, scoop the cashew butter into a small bowl.
- Tip the melted cacao butter into the bowl and mix with the cashew butter.
- Melt the coconut oil (about 30 seconds) and add.
- Stir in the honey and vanilla bean powder. Mix well.
- Line an 8-inch square tin with baking paper.
- Spread macadamia nut pieces over the bottom of the tin.
- Pour cashew nut mixture over the macadamia nuts.
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut and salt.
- Put in the fridge or freezer to set.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy. 🙂
Store in the fridge or freezer.
Check out the Nutrition Kitchen at the NZ Fitness & Health Expo (28-29 October – ASB Showgrounds, Auckland) for more great recipes, live cooking demos and Ashy Bines presenting her ‘Kittens in the Kitchen’ with gal pal Gretty Rose LIVE! Tickets on sale now at www.nzfitnessexpo.co.nz